Sunday, May 30, 2010

Project: Picture Book Reading Challenge

Project: Picture Book (June 2010 - June 2011)

This is a personal reading challenge, though you're more than welcome to join in! ;-)

I love picture books. 

Really.  Even though I have no children, they are one of my favourite types of books.  I have even succumbed to buying a particular favourite title or author (Melanie Watt, Beatrix Potter, Rob Scotton...).

I work at a library branch and used to conduct a preschool class every week (I'm with the 6 to 9 year olds now...).  This, of course, only gave me the excuse to plop my butt down in the picture book section on the pretext of looking for that week's theme-orientated books.  (But then, I also claim I'm "familiarizing myself with the collection" as well! ;-)  Even though I'm no longer with that age group (though I'm finding that the older kids will listen to a picture book as well - yay!), I still read them.  Constantly. 

Therefore I decided to make myself a personal challenge!

I will read one picture book a week starting June 2010 (next week!) and either comment on it or review it (hopefully the latter).  Some of the books will be favourites, while others will be randomly pulled from the shelf.  By next June (2011), I'll have read and reviewed 52 picture books (of course, I could do more, but at least there will be 52... ;-)

No comments: