Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bloggiesta Ole!


What is Bloggiesta?

Hosted by Natasha at Maw Books Blog, Bloggiesta is: ...a blogging marathon. A opportunity to cross those nagging items off of your to-do list and improve your blog while in the good company of other awesome bloggers doing the same thing. Break out the nachos, enchiladas, drinks, mariachi music and whack a pinata or two!

What am I planning to do during Bloggiesta?  (...mostly housekeeping)
  • Write reviews.
  • Write backup posts for a rainy day (especially memes: Thursday 13, Booksmarks, etc.)
  • Create template posts for your future reads (ie: title, images, linking, tags, etc,) so you can open up, write review and post without being bogged down with technicalities.
  • Add or edit your about me page, review policy, disclosure policy, privacy policy, create landing pages (for example – an about me for Twitter readers page) or any other pages you might have.
  • Visit the Blogging Tips group on the Book Blogs Ning and find ways to improve your blog.
  • Clean out and organize your feed reader and blog subscriptions - this is a definite!  My Google Reader has almost 300 blogs (book blogs and otherwise...)!
  • Find a blogging buddy
Though Bloggiesta starts on Friday, I'll be playing on Saturday and Sunday only (since, you know, I have to work...sigh).  My aim is for twelve hours (though I can easily get lost floating around all the awesome blogs!)  I'm new to book blogging and I'm still feeling my way around, so I'm looking forward to reading about and visiting everyone else!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I'm doing this too but my list seems to be getting bigger and bigger!

Mystee said...

Good luck..I hope that you're able to get a lot accomplished.

http://amomentwithmystee.blogspot.com/

Bobbie said...

Good luck with your list! This is my first one and I am relatively new blogger also. I have been doing it since February. I love looking at everyone's blog too. You can get a lot of ideas just by browsing. Have a great Bloggiesta day :) http://tilwereadagain.blogspot.com/2010/06/bloggiesta-updates_12.html
Bobbie