Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bloggiesta Update - Saturday


Update - End Day 1 (for me!)

Since I had work and other commitments on Friday, I started Bloggiesta today. My initial aim is for a total of 12 hours and I have the following goals:
  • Write reviews
  • Write backup posts for a rainy day (especially memes: Thursday 13, Booksmarks, etc.)
  • Create template posts for your future reads (ie: title, images, linking, tags, etc,) so you can open up, write review and post without being bogged down with technicalities.
  • Add or edit your about me page, review policy
  • Work through feeds (close to 500) (1/2 done!)
  • Visit the Blogging Tips group on the Book Blogs Ning and find ways to improve your blog.
Additions to original list:
  • Change my blogger template
  • added my blogs to Google Webmaster to keep track of RSS feeds (thanks to Leeswammes Blog!)
  • posted initial challenge posts (1/2 done!)
  • joined and commented on challenges (1/2 done!)
  • added challenge progress gadget to blog side bar
  • get started on "Behind the Fairy Tale Page", my companion blog of lists (previous reads, series, etc.)
When I logged in on Friday, I realized Blogger's template layout/design tab had changed!  Wow!  So I spent most of my Saturday time playing with that (besides making Blueberry and Buttermilk muffins - my favourite!)

I still want to get an account at Shelfari, Goodreads or LibraryThing... does anyone have any preference or are they all pretty much similiar?

Total Hours: 8 hours (as of 1 a.m.)


...the yummy distraction (ignore the dirty dishes in the background...)!

No comments: